- Security: Is shopping with Costumelicious.com safe?
- Secure Sockets Layer: What is Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)?
- SSL Certificate: Does Costumelicious.com have an SSL Certificate?
- Secure Payment Methods: Paying with PayPal and Magento Secure Payment bridge
- Secure Checkout
Is shopping with Costumelicious safe?
Yes it is! We are compliant with the latest technology and payment methods to keep your transactions safe and secure. Your business is important to us, and we have done our best to protect your shopping experience.
Back to Top
What is Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)?
Secure Sockets Layer is a technology designed to protect your online transactions. Basically, a vendor (such as Costumelicious) obtains an SSL Certificate. This enables sensitive information to be uniquely encrypted during online transactions, and creates a channel for private communication between you and Costumelicious.
Secure Sockets Layer technology can encript up to 256-bits, but 128 bits is considered strong, and many vendors choose to have at least 128 bit encryption. According to VeriSign.com, a well-known and widely-used Certificate Authority, 128 bit encryption would at current computing speeds take "a hacker with the time, tools, and motivation" about "a trillion years to break into a session." Now that's security!
Vendors who care about the safety and security of their customer's business absolutely must obtain an SSL Certificate. A third-party Certificate Authority has to authenticate the SSL Certificate by verifying the identity of a website and its owner before it is issued. Vendors who do not provide an SSL Certificate and encryption can not guarantee a safe and secure shopping experience for their customers. Each vendor that has an SSL Certificate also has unique SSL credentials, and this information is verified with your browser each time you visit Costumelicious.com.
Back to Top
Does Costumelicious.com have an SSL Certificate?
Yes we do! We have an SSL Certificate that was issued to us by Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority, using 128 bit encryption.
If you would like to know more about our SSL Certificate, you can view this information in several ways. First, click here to view our Login or Create an Account page. If you look at the page URL, you will notice that the usual http has been replaced with https. This is an indication that you are now on a secure page. Typically not every page on a website is secure, just the pages that require the input of secure information, such as password or credit card information.
Back to Top
Paying with PayPal and Magento Secure Payment Bridge
Millions of people all over the world use PayPal for their online purchases! When using PayPal to make a purchase on Costumelicious.com, PayPal provides to us a secure Transaction ID instead of your credit card information or bank credentials. That Transaction ID, as well as your payment information, is then transferred to our PayPal account. PayPal is a safe and secure way to pay, and we've provided that payment method to you!
Magento Secure Payment Bridge
The Magento Secure Payment Bridge is a PA-DSS application provided through our e-commerce service, Magento, one of the leaders in e-commerce solutions. The Secure Payment Bridge must be implemented in a PCI DSS* compliant environment, and all credit card purchases made on Costumelicious.com must go through the Magento Secure Payment Bridge.
*PCI DSS stands for PCI Data Security Standard and was created by major credit card companies to manitain a consistent level of security by all merchant. There are 12 requirements Costumelicious must meet in order to be PCI Compliant and to us the Magento Secure payment Bridge.
Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data. We utilize top of the line technology, including firewall protection, to guard our servers and your information.
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and security parameters. None of applications use default or standard passwords. We also change passwords periodically, to maintain a high level of security.
- Protect any stored cardholder data, if applicable. We keep as little information as possible regarding cardholder data. And as mentioned above, we utilize top of the line technology to protect your data
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open / public networks. As mentioned above, we have an SSL Certificate with 256 bit encryption to protect your transactions.
- Use and regularly update anti-virus software. We regularly check and update all our anti-viral software.
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications. We keep as up-to-date as possible on the latest security applications, and we implement them if applicable.
- Restrict access to cardholder data by a business need-to-know basis. All cardholder data is limited to certain staff members. All other employees are restricted from seeing this information.
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access. Each employee has a unique ID when working at their station, and non-work related access is restricted.
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data. All physical cardholder data is kept locked, and is restricted to all but crucial staff members.
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data. Access to network resources and cardholder data is limited / restricted, and those without permission cannot access cardholder data from their workstations.
- Regularly test security systems and processes. We have a designated "tech" team that regularly reviews our systems, and implements improvements where needed.
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security. This page, as well as our Payment Policy page, addresses information security. Any changes or updates will be posted immediately.
Back to Top
Secure Checkout on Costumelicious.com
We hope that we have removed any concerns you may have had shopping with us! If you are ready to checkout, please click here to view your shopping cart.
Back to Top